Nov 22, 2009

A good tour guide book

Nov 22, 2009
"The guides that show you what others only tell you", after read this it is impossible not to buy DK Eyewitness Travel Peru.

Last week I went to Miraflores and passing by a bookstore I found this marvelous guide. In the past time, by a recommendation of a friend - who travels a lot - I bought my first DK Eyewitness Travel guide in Japan and this guide always helped me to find the places I wanted to go (showing the pics only) when my linguistic repertoire finished and I did not know what to say nor had no idea how to get the final destination.

It is a colorful guide that not only contains information about tourist places that would be due to visit, also contains information about Peru's history, a full chapter to Peru's capital city: Lima, another one approaches destinies by regions, another chapter dedicated to the travelers' needs (where to eat, where to stay, where to hang-out among others) and the last but not less important, the survival guide about practical and travel information.

For example, this gorgeus shoot belongs to the part dedicated to Lake Titicaca:



From my personal experience, no other guides explain the history of a place in words and pictures, like this one which explore Nasca Lines:



Also it has a chapter dedicated to the travelers' need: where to eat, where to stay, where and what to buy, outdoors activities and national holidays as well. As you may appreciate, this is a very complete guide about my country and why not, it is also an excellent memento. In my case, I highlight the destinies I visited, then I have a good memory about the trips. It could be an excellent gift to one who likes and/or want to travel.

You can find more information here.


0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails